All changes to the Norwegian maritime charts of significance for navigational safety are announced in the publication Etterretninger for sjøfarende (Efs).
The Notices to Mariners (Etterretninger for sjøfarende) and Tracings service is offered free of charge on kartverket.no/efs every fourteen days.
All corrections of significant navigational importance and other temporary (T) and preliminary (P) notices regarding sailing in Norwegian waters are announced in the Norwegian Notices to Mariners, Etterretnigner for sjøfarende (Efs):
- New lights and amendments to existing ones
- Fixed and floating navigation aids
- Newly identified shallows
- New or amended submarine cables and pipelines
- Overhead structures
- Wrecks or obstacles
- Light and navaids temporarily out of order
- Gunnery exercises
- Information regarding any orders and regulations regarding sailing in certain areas
- Seismic surveys
- Planned amendments to lights and aids to navigation, etc.
With tracings the navigators have the opportunity to easily transfer corrections published in the Efs to their nautical charts. For example, a new submarinecable can be traced onto a transparent overlay. In this way the navigator can easily trace the cable onto the chart instead of having to plot a series of coordinates describing the same cable.
Not all information provided by Efs is part of the Tracings service. We only provide tracings for charts with WGS84 datum.
Tracings do not exempt users from reading and appraising all information provided by the Efs. It is necessary for the users to update their charts with information in the Notices.
Other Nautical Publications